General SurgerySkilled surgical and medical services and compassionate patient care for a wide range of diseases and conditions.
The Surgical Department at UCVH houses a variety of offices and exam rooms that serve as a Colebrook “home” base for a variety of specialists who travel to UCVH to see patients, instead of our patients having to travel.
General Surgeons that see patients at UCVH are:
Laparoscopic and open procedures performed by our General Surgeons include the following, but are not limited to:
- Hernia repairs
- Gallbladder surgery
- Bowel surgery
Breast procedures include:
- Excision or biopsy for benign or malignant disease/mass
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy
Vascular procedures include:
- Evaluation for peripheral arterial disease and referral to vascular surgery as appropriate
- Varicose vein evaluation and phlebectomy
Wound care includes:
- Weekly debridement and management
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Venous stasis ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Other chronic non-healing wounds
Diagnostic outpatient procedures include:
- EGD’s (upper endoscopy for GERD, epigastric pain, nausea, vomiting, upper GI bleeding, etc.
- Skin lesion removals
- Carpal tunnel release
- Toenail removal of ingrown toenails
- Aspiration of ganglion cysts
Our Medical-Surgical Department offers the following:
- Modern space with state of the art equipment
- Private Rooms
- Skilled nursing care
- Excellent quality care and excellent patient satisfaction scores
For more information, call (603) 388-4330.