Hours: Monday – Friday 8-5
The Pharmacy include assistance with drug selection, pharmacokinetic dosing and monitoring, patient and team education, general drug information. renal dosing, and adverse drug reaction reporting.
- Outpatient services include the Pharmacy, Ambulatory Nursing Emergency Department assuring safe drug therapy, drug administration, toxicities, compatibility, and related supportive care management.
- At night, technology plays a role, as we use a remote telepharmacy company to process medication orders from a virtual Pharmacist at E-Pharm Pro
- The Providers caring for inpatients utilize a CPOE (Computerized Physician Order Entry) program on their computer screen to pick and choose UCVH available medication entries for their patients
- For medication safety, the Pharmacy champions a Surveillance Program, through the implementation of the MEPI (Medication Error Prevention Initiative) Hotline.
- Physicians, nurses, and other health professionals are able to report a possible or actual event by calling the MEPI Hotline. The data collected is analyzed for trends that could signify areas where medication error prevention can occur.